How Pick-Up Will Work in 2021
Pick-Up in a Nutshell
- When: Wednesdays, noon to 6:30pm; please do not arrive early as the pick-up area will still be getting set-up.
- Where: Cloud Water Farm, Route 100, Warren VT (formerly Kingsbury Farm).
- What to Bring: A bag or box for your produce, plastic bags for your salad greens, cash/credit card/check if you wish to purchase items from our extras table/cooler/freezer.
- How long will it take: 5 to 10 minutes
IMPORTANT Covid-19 Rules for 2021 (UPDATED JUNE 14, 2021)
As of June 14, 2021 more than 80% of eligible Vermonters have received at least the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and Governor Phil Scott has authorized the move to Step 4 of the Vermont Forward Plan, lifting business, gathering, and travel related restrictions.
If you have not been vaccinated, we encourage you to wear a mask and socially distance. If you have concerns about your exposure during pick-up, we can pre-pack your share and have it ready for you. Please contact Robin about how that option will work.
Additional Pick-Up Guidelines
- Our pick-up area has changed this year. The former washhouse/pick-up area is now filled with dried beans and is a part of the Vermont Bean Crafters production operations. Our new pick-up space will be in the covered area to the right of the washhouse. We are excited about this new covered, but open-air space for many reasons. First, it is outside so there are less Covid concerns. Second, we are excited about the vibe of an open-air outdoor market similar to a farmer’s market.
- Bring a bag or box for your share. We DO NOT provide bags for your veggies. Please bring a reusable bag with you each week to collect your veggies. If you forget your bag, you can purchase one from us for 50 cents each.
- Sign-in before getting your veggies. The list of members with the share sizes and if they have also elected the weekly bouquet option will be at the sign-in table at the front of the pick-up area. Once signed in if no one is at the first table of veggies, move to it and start filling your bag following the instructions on the veggie signs. Wait to move to the next table until the person in front of you has moved to their next table.
- Sometimes you may need to weigh out your veggies. If so, scales will be available.
- If you cannot pick up your share during the pick-up hours, we offer a Share Hold service as we have had in past years. Details on this service are available on our website.
When you arrive at the farm, drive all the way into the main parking area. Be careful – because cars will be coming and going all day during pick-ups. Please enter and exit as shown below. If you have asked for us to prepack your share, Robin will let you know where you can find it.
The Trade Box
- If you take something you don’t like, you can TRADE it in at the TRADE BOX which will be at the end of the semi-circle, before the items for Large Shareholders only. The farmers send along some extras of all of the items each week to “seed” the trade box. Then, throughout the day, members can trade-in items they don’t want for items they find in the box.
- Consider each item listed in the share as one unit so be sure to swap one unit for one unit. Sometimes you come out ahead and sometimes a little behind in terms of value, but the idea is to get more of what you like. The trade box is not ideal. Sometimes at the end of the day it is filled with many of the same type of veggie, but other times you may get lucky and find a pint of cherry tomatoes or a melon in the box.
Extra Produce and Items for Sale
We plan to offer additional items for sale each week. We have asked farmers to send along extra produce that you can purchase to supplement the share and Vermont Bean Crafters will always have bean burgers, tortillas, chips and dried beans available for sale. This means that you can come home with everything you need for a well rounded vegetarian meal on pick up days! We are still working out payment details, but will make it easy by accepting cash, checks and credit cards. YIPEE!!!
We still will also offer bulk sales from time to time throughout the season. For example, last year we offered tomato flats several weeks during the summer. We notify you about these sales by email and you need to place your order in advance. Often we have limited stock so order early!